Monday 16 June 2014

16/06/14: Becoming a Bettette!



So, here is the big secret that I've been keeping under my proverbial hat for a little while now...I'm featured in the latest issue of Betty Magazine! It was in one of the first posts on this little blog that I first waxed lyrical about this magazine & it has since gone on to become a force to be reckoned with in the world of indie publishing.
I was sad to have to skip out on the Shoreditch launch of their summer issue in which I have found my name under the list of contributors (work, shmork) but I was thrilled to hear the distinctive thud of a brown envelope dropping through my letterbox last week with this beauty within.


My article is one that I wrote on my culinary hopelessness, particularly while living in a fairly miserable New Cross maisonette almost two years ago now, seeking to encourage readers to not cower in front of their oven door as I did for so long. Quite aside from the surreal feeling of seeing the article I'd scribbled in my notebook in palpable print, I'm so proud to be sharing the pages with so many talented ladies, from the stunning cover girl Laura Jackson, whimsical illustrator of animals in tea dresses Gretchen Ellen Powers & the Charlotte/Charlotte team that manage to seamlessly pull together wonderful issue after wonderful issue.

Here's hoping that this is the first of many posts delivering news of this sort but for now I'm still reeling from the heady perfume of those freshly printed pages. Thank you so much for the opportunity to contribute, Betty & may this be the just the beginning...!


(Pssssst, you can order your issue here: http://bettymagazine.bigcartel.com/product/pre-order-betty-magazine-summer-2014)

Speak soon - O. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being published! I had no idea; well done you! I hope you don't mind that I have shared your blog with several family members - after reading through dozens of your entries I am positive that they will enjoy it as much as I have. Reading your blog is like gazing into a charming, delightful scene from a novel played out in real life. Can't wait for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you on all accounts, you're very welcome to share the link with whomever you think might like to have a snoop through my blog, I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading through them yourself, do check back as I'm trying to update it with some regularity (emphasis on the trying!) x

      Delete