Saturday 6 June 2015

06/06/15: US Photo Diary, New York, New York

As promised, here are a handful of the hundreds of photographs that I took during the three days(!) that we were in New York on my trip to the US a couple of months ago. Following an enormous breakfast burrito & the inevitable buying of 'VIRGINIA' t-shirts big enough to sleep in, we said our goodbyes to my brother & his wife & were headed back to Washington in a rental car, Louis C.K. stand-up on my headphones. From D.C we flew to Colorado for another twelve days - we were up early, skiing from eight until four, reading in the bath until seven & finding some decent vegetarian food for the rest of the day. While Vail has its own undoubtable beauty that you can see here, I've got to admit that I was already looking ahead to New York, one of my favourite cities, & the two days that me & my kid sister would have on our own there. 
We stopped off at Top of the Rock & wandered around a sunny Central Park with my Dad for our last day together. On the first of those two days solo Sofia & I walked a 20 mile round trip to Williamsburg from our Manhattan hotel, over the bridge, down Bedford Avenue & back across the river for pizza in the East Village & a sunburnt & blistered 30 blocks back. The second was spent taking it easy, making the trip to Strand Books, a handful of vintage shops & a final Five Guys before grudgingly getting our coach to the airport home. Thanks for everything, NYC & see you again soon. 













- O.

No comments:

Post a Comment